Thursday, August 12, 2010
Today I'm participating in a new series: Things I Love Thursday, hosted over at The Diaper Diaries. So come along for the ride as each week I feature something I love...
I must say, today - I really love blogging. Fellow bloggers. The 'blogosphere'. I'm coming up on my own one-year blogging anniversary, and while I am still pretty green at this, I'm starting to find my way. I've been so blessed by all of the different blogs I've come across, one usually leading me to another, to another, and so on. (It's very easy to lose track of where you started!) I've found lots of helpful tips, inspiration, and words of encouragement on lots of different topics ranging from blogging to motherhood to cooking to faith and more. And I'm developing new friendships, albeit virtual! Perhaps virtual in person, that is, but very present and real in spirit. While it can sometimes be a distraction and source of social disconnection, this technology/internet/blogosphere can also really make this big world a smaller place and lend unexpected blessings every once and awhile. And I'm just thankful for the opportunity to share my own thoughts and encouragements here with others as they have shared and blessed me!
"So speak encouraging words to one another. Build up hope so you’ll all be together in this, no one left out, no one left behind. I know you’re already doing this; just keep on doing it. The way He wants you to live." 1 Thessalonians 5: 11, MSG
Thursday, August 5, 2010
Happy Thursday to ya! Today I'm thankful for:
- Boy Scout (hubby) FINALLY making it home from Jamboree after a nearly-24-hour plight!
- Seeing my kids enjoy their Daddy after him being gone for 13 days!
- My 5yr-old folding up all of his pj laundry and putting them away, without me asking!
- That I remembered today that our library videos were due *yesterday*, before they were forgotten any longer!
- That my 5yr-old brushed his teeth before bed without having to be told!
"Little" stuff, I know, but...isn't that where the joy really is? ;-)