Monday, September 14, 2009

"What I Know for Sure"

This is a favorite quote by Oprah Winfrey that I keep posted on the wall above my desk.  I read it every once and awhile when I'm feeling down on myself or guilty that I haven't gotten something done.  Be blessed!

"What I know for sure is that no matter were you stand right now --on a hilltop, in a gutter, at a crossroads, in a rut --you need to give yourself the best you have to offer at this moment.  This is it.  Rather than depleting yourself with judgments about what you haven't done, who you could have become, why you haven't moved faster, or what you should have changed, redirect that energy toward the next big push --the one that takes you from good enough to better.  The one that takes you from adequate to extraordinary.  The one that helps you rise up from a low moment and helps you reach your personal best."  Oprah Winfrey

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good for you! The page looks great! BTW, we are having a social/dinner night at LG... it's our first gathering in about 6 weeks. It's Wednesday (tomorrow) at 7.

Anonymous said...

That's from Tara.