Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Countdown

The Countdown is on.  One month from today I turn the big 4-0.  I can't believe it!  It's been kind of freakin' me out.  How did I get here already?  I think I've just been too caught up in the past...in what I haven't done...what I don't have to show for my life...what I can't seem to 'get done' now.  But, this last week I've realized that it doesn't matter.  What's past is past - all I have is now.  So I need to start living in the moment, try my best and savor these days while my kids are little.  Because I know they won't be for long and I don't want to let that pass me by.  Same with the other 'stuff'...the weight issue, the time/being late issues, not being able to get things done stuff...just take it one day at a time, make some goals, and do the best I can.  That's all I can ask of myself! 

So, I'm trying not to be so afraid of 40.  It's just a  number, right?!  It's just the beginning!  It's a new decade, a new age group, and we're at a turning point personally/financially.  (I'm definitely ready for that!)   How exciting, right?!  That's what I'll be telling myself over the next month.  Repeatedly.  Remind me!

Here's a few passages I happen to have come across this week that relate:

"Normal day, let me be aware of the treasure you are. Let me learn from you, love you, bless you before you depart. Let me not pass you by in quest of some rare and perfect tomorrow. Let me hold you while I may, for it may not always be so. One day I shall dig my nails into the earth, or bury my face in the pillow, or stretch myself taut, or raise my hands to the sky and want, more than all the world, your return." ~Mary Jean Iron

I found this quote on a new blog find:  One Ordinary Day at http://oneordinaryday.wordpress.com/ 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are."   Theodore Roosevelt 
 Found this one at http://makeitdo.wordpress.com/     Love it!

I'll be in touch how the countdown is going!

No comments: