Ya know, I'm not having the best day today. It's not been bad per say, I'm just in a bit of a funk...which is ironic, considering it's an absolutely beautiful day outside. It may just be hormones, or maybe a full moon, I don't know. Anyway, I'm not feeling very thankful or praise-filled today for Thankful Thursday, but you know what - I'm going to do it anyway. Probably all the more reason to do it, eh?! Because no matter what - there's always, always something to be thankful for. So, here goes.
Today, I'm THANKFUL for:
1. My kids. For all the mess and headaches that they can be. At least I'm able to have them.
2. A B-E-A-utifully sunshiney day, despite my sour(ish) mood!
3. Hubby's job. It sometimes makes me (and him!) crazy, with all the evenings and occasional weekend activities he has to work. But we both know it's where he/we're supposed to be, as well as are so incredibly grateful to have a job when so many others do not.
4. Finally finding curtains for my daughter's room! This one may be kinda silly, but we've had mismatched sheets thumb-tacked over her windows pretty much since she was born 2 years ago. So, it feels like quite an accomplishment to have that last little detail finished!
5. A Perfect God. On days like this when I feel out of control and as far from perfect that I can get, I'm glad to be reminded that I don't have to be. We're not a perfect people, but He is:
"My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness." 2 Cor. 12:9
"As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the Lord is flawless. He is a shield for all who take refuge in him." Psalm 18:30
Plese enjoy this song, Perfect People by Natalie Grant: