Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Legacy

My husband's grandmother passed away two weeks ago.  She was a dear, sweet woman who epitomized Christian love and charity.  I was inspired at her funeral by words of her many acts of encouragement and support she generously offered to others in her lifetime.  Sending cards, phone calls, visiting people, serving her church.  These things reminded me of my own grandmother who passed a few years ago - they were a lot alike. Though both were often limited later in life by their physical limitations, their spirits were lively.  I was also reminded of my own 'call' to be an encourager...which is partially why you're reading this now.  A faithful servant's heart, encouraging attitude, a strong sense and love of family...this was their legacy.  A legacy I aim to uphold and pass on to my own family.

Bless You, Granny Mc!

"Charm is deceptive, and beauty does not last; but a woman who fears the Lord will be greatly praised."  Proverbs 31:30

No comments: