Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Theme for 2011

Being the new year and all, I've been thinking about my goals for this year.  The thing is, there are so many things I need to work on, that it's hard to make any kind of a list without it being overwhelmingly long.  They are things that each affect another, so it's difficult to even know where to start.  So, I've been trying to come up with a one or two-word "theme" that would tie it all together to focus on.  And this is what I came up with:  DELIBERATE & INTENTIONAL!

DELIBERATE:  carefully thought out in advance; planned; studied; intentional

INTENTIONAL: to be firmly or steadfastly fixed or directed;  having the attention sharply focused or fixed on something; determined or resolved; having the mind or will fixed on some goal; earnest
That pretty much sums it up.  I want - I need - to be more deliberate and intentional with my life.  Specifically, my time - and in turn my actions, and my faith.   As the definitions describe, I need to make a plan, and then firmly affix my mind and attention on it with earnest determination!   That's it!

Wait.....that's it? That's IT? So simple, yet so entangled in poor habits and lack of planning and purpose.  Yes, it will take time.  But I am resolved to make it happen!  I owe it to God and the plan & ministry He has for my life, and to my family, and myself!
  


“Forget about what’s happened; don’t keep going over old history. 19 Be alert, be present. I’m about to do something brand-new. It’s bursting out! Don’t you see it? There it is! I’m making a road through the desert, rivers in the badlands."  Isaiah 43: 18-19, MSG


"Friends, don’t get me wrong: By no means do I count myself an expert in all of this, but I’ve got my eye on the goal, where God is beckoning us onward—to Jesus.14 I’m off and running, and I’m not turning back.15 So let’s keep focused on that goal, those of us who want everything God has for us. If any of you have something else in mind, something less than total commitment, God will clear your blurred vision—you’ll see it yet!"  Philippians 3: 13-15, MSG
 
HERE'S TO A GREAT YEAR AHEAD!

No comments: