I'm still new to this journey of One Thousand Gifts. Still finding my way, still learning how to truly and earnestly appreciate all of the beautiful gifts the Lord has given and placed around me. I yearn to get out of myself and take in my surroundings, the things and people that bring me joy, to savor the simple things and then turn them all upward in praise. Ann Voskamp says,
"It’s only in the expressing of gratitude for the life we already have that we discover the life we’ve always wanted—a life we can take, give thanks for, and break for others. We come to feel and know the impossible right down in our bones: we are wildly loved — and by God."
Father, please open the eyes of my heart that I may see your glorious works around me with my physical eyes and ears and touch. Help me to slow down, pay attention, and take it all in. And then return it all back to you and be a witness to others of your unfailing love, mercy and grace. Amen.
72. Thankful for time spent with visiting family that I don't get to see much.
73. Fall colors finally showing up! Beautimous!
74. New peeps visiting our LifeGroup!
76. Thankful for a church that honors and appreciates it's volunteers so graciously.
80. Thanks to my awesome hubby for steppin' up and doin' chores, fixing dinner, dealing with the kids, etc. when I wasn't feeling well. Even when he didn't feel that great himself. I am beyond blessed!
If you'd like to join me with your own 1000 Gifts journey and join the Gratitude Community, click here or on the button below. Have a blessed week!